Followers

Saturday, May 11, 2013

I'm Sorry

I have been derelect in my duty. I have not updated my blog in a good long while. No excuses. One day I was writing, a blink later it's today. So, my promise is to do better. Much better. To catch up as such, here is a download of food for thought (in no particular order or priority):

• I recently went to Vegas. Yes, I saw the sights, blah, blah, blah. It strikes me that nothing has changed in Vegas for the past 40 years. Oh, there is more bigger and fancier and gaudier, but it is really just the same. Sad. Sad for the people who waste their time and money. But, I would like to mention a meal I had there just last week at Spagos, the brainchild of Chef Wolfgang Puck. Excellent and quite the experience. My Sea Bass was superb. As was the Blue Crab appetizer and the house coffee. And, thanks Steph for great winre selections. A couple of side stories. I mention the coffee because it was great, but not as great as the last time I dined there. Seems that Puck decided to brew his own brand a few years ago so he dropped Peete's coffee. Peetes is better. Buy it ans try it. The famous unibroe actor Eugenne Levy recommended it to me the last time I was there and I have been a fan since. Of the the coffe that is. I was already a fan of Levy. I ordered Sea Bass because I always order Sea Bass when I see it on a menu. It is rare. It is even more rare to find it in the grocery store. If you do it is extremely expensive. I don'y know why, but I do know it is the best fich out there in my opinion. Salmon is great and I even like Talapia and sometimes Grouper. But Sea Bass is the King

• Pizza in Greenville - Things have changed. Tony's is still the best, Sciorpitinis is new and a very close second. I understand that Bada Bing (new)  is right up there as well, but I have not been able to try it yet. I', told by Pauly a definite top 5. Vic's (new) downtown is very good and a great value. Possibly in the top 5. Aces in greer is a new arrival on the pizza scene and many rank it near the top. For me, definitely top 10. Possibly sneaking into the elite top 5

• Many, many new restaurants have arrived of late and many more on their way. Almost all either downtown or on Woodruff rd

• Cudos to Greenville. I understand we are now being considerd one of the top food cities in the country. Not a shock, but it is a surprise. We do have some great places to dine, but so do other cities our size. Maybe I am in the forest and can't see the trees. I'll keep eating the nuts and berries

TEM















No comments:

Post a Comment